A Reflection on My Faith - Acts 2:17

August 18, 2018

I am Christian - for a very long time, I didn't know what that meant exactly. I didn't know the beauty and honour of being a Christian.


Source: https://78.media.tumblr.com/69d9513ef8d0757048ffcf96edbd797d/tumblr_o4ub1aQStt1sj7j0lo1_500.jpg 

Before I proceed, I want to say that I'm writing this post with good intentions and I really want to share my faith and what I've found recently. God gave all of us free will so who am I to shove my will onto you, dear reader. I am simply sharing and I do pray that it impacts you in a positive way :)

I think I only recently rediscovered my faith and I'm so blessed and thankful. My religion means love - it means I am deeply loved and protected by my Father in heaven. It means I love Him and I should live my life in a way that pleases Him. It means that I am saved because Jesus paid the price for my sins and He opened the door to eternal life. It means so much to me and I'm so so thankful that I am born in a family which is Catholic.

With that being said, a deep sorrow has hit me recently. The Bible says:

"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 
- Acts 2:17 (NIV)

It's a very heavy and daunting thought - but it has been a big factor that spurred me to renewing my faith.
And I've been watching a lot of videos about people getting visions - very strong, powerful, God-sent visions. This began when I chanced upon a video one morning but I believe that it was all God's plan. These vision testimonies did scare me at first but it has quickly turned into gratitude and sadness that not everyone will be going to heaven. It's God's wish for everyone to enter His Kingdom but our choices made now in our lives determine the afterlife.
I'm really rambling in the post, but I just want to voice out and share some of the videos I've watched recently.

This is the first video I watched, regarding this topic:


Another amazing testimony I found was this one, and I have a lot of respect for him (John Ramirez):
John Ramirez has some pretty interesting books which I'm hoping to get my hands on.

Honestly, while writing this, I just had a revelation. I think I've let go and let God quite a bit these past few days. I was just thinking about how we truly are in the 'end days' but I am not afraid anymore like how I would be as a child. I am also unafraid about not fulfilling my future dreams (e.g. getting into a good university, getting married, starting a beautiful family etc.). I think it's a sign that I've put God's way and will above mine and that's a great thing :)

I'm blessed and so thankful for where I'm at in my faith. I mustn't be selfish and just revel in my own salvation though, I want to spread God's word and love - to bring as many people to God as I can. It's sad that some people never get to know Jesus Christ, and I'm hoping that I can help at least one person before I die.

I just need to be more courageous and I definitely need to know more about scriptures and God's word. I'm excited for what lies ahead :)

I really do hope you watch the videos, especially the second one! It's pretty awesome how loving and forgiving God is. He can use any broken vessel for His great goodness.

I'll be posting an update of the end of my semester (Year 2.1) around the end of September, after my results come out (pretty nervous but it's out of my control now - surrendered it to God).
Until then, have an amazing life, God Bless!

You Might Also Like

0 comments