Second Term in Year 2 Was Painful

September 19, 2018

When I write reports, I feel like I'm carrying out surgery. Maybe it's because I'm being meticulous, or maybe it's just because I'm weird. Probably the latter.

Anyway, what a way to start this blog post - absolutely morbidly - just like how the second half of this semester was for me.

I'm being dramatic, it probably wasn't so bad. But it was definitely challenging.

On the first day of this semester, I was greeted with a slap on my face. My teacher told me that I was not meeting expectations and I have not done very well during the first half. I cried (what's new) but quickly took action to improve.
That same day, 25th June 2018, I deleted several apps from my phone including Instagram, PUBG, Twitter, YouTube and more. I eliminated them because they were a source of distraction for me - and I didn't want that. I couldn't afford to have that.

Following the deletion of the apps, I worked hard and stayed as focus as I could.

Fast forward more than a month, I survived without Instagram for approximately 43 days! I'm actually quite impressed and proud of myself because Instagram and I used to be inseparable. But

Source: https://media1.tenor.com/images/c6e249926e0174b8aaf3175649e92338/tenor.gif?itemid=4969734

My my, so much has happened in 6+ weeks.
First off, I kind of rekindled my faith. It's shaky, but it's there. I feel like I've been so doubtful, fearful, and shameful the previous few months - but meeting up with my precious friend Melissa and great church leader Kenji has helped me realise how cool, loving and forgiving God is.

Also, in my post about the previous term, I mentioned that I needed to make a website and be in an MOE video for web design and development. I think I can talk a little more about it now since the video is out on MOE's Instagram, YouTube channel and it's even being featured on an Instagram advert. High-key embarrassed because I don't look very glamorous. Nonetheless, it's pretty cool.

The link to the Instagram post is here.
The link to the full video on YouTube is here.


I look so 'derp', for lack of a better word. Oh well, I guess that's a wrap for this project :)

Another thing I was involved in was a short article on the school website. I was interviewed by a really nice student who's studying Mass Communications I believe. She then wrote this for the TP website. 

So there's been a lot of exciting stuff going on for me, and I've been trying to grasp every single thing that comes my way. But I do fear that these exciting things will cease after this semester because of how terribly I do. I'm truly uncertain about how I did this semester because of my teacher's warning that I'm not meeting expectations midway through the semester, and also because I totally burned out during the last week - which was a very crucial week with tests and submissions. 
I'm really, really scared that I'm going to be disappointed in myself when I get my results for this sem; everything was just a little iffy. I'm terrified - but I need to let go and let God because it's out of my control now.

Besides worrying about my results for the previous semester, I've been busy with a vacation module which is a part of my Cross-Disciplinary Subject (CDS) cluster. It's called Global Citizenship and it's been quite fun so far. I feel like I have a pretty solid group and my roommate is really nice😊 We finished learning the content in a week and took a common test on a Monday the following week - I think it went alright. We've also done our project proposal and draft presentation. 
The most exciting part of the CDS is coming up really soon! We'll be traveling to Cebu! Really thankful and excited😊
I'll be blogging about the trip when I'm back in Singapore.

I also recently purchased a Bible from Book Depository and I've been diving into The Word everyday and it's been amazing. I'll definitely be blogging more about my Bible reflections, journalling and all things related to The Lord❤

19th September 2018
So I opened my results...

Wow. Just wow. And these wows aren't sarcastic - they're in awe of God's power, deliverance and amazing grace. My results would not be possible without my mighty saviour! He has been with me when I was not faithful - and he will continue to be with me. I'm so incredibly grateful because my results are much, much, muchhh better than I expected. All glory to God. 

All I'm going to say about my results is that the only module which pulled me down was my Cross-Disciplinary Subject (CDS) called Cross-Cultural Communications (CCC). 
But I'm not too upset about that because I'm currently taking a vacation CDS, which I hopefully do well in, so that I can use it in my grades instead of CCC. 
Other than that, I'd say everything else was a miracle and it was only possible because God was with me❤ 

It's a huge sigh of relief and a big motivation to keep working hard for this upcoming semester. I'm determined and I will sing praises to my Father in heaven till the day I die❤ 
May I also not idolize worldly successes or let worldly things cloud my judgment, especially not in the end times which we're in. 


But I'm thankful for everything The Lord has done for me in my life, Praise The Lord😊
That's the end of this blog post, God bless❤

You Might Also Like

0 comments