Holiday Party Outfits + Life updates & YouTube

December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas y'all! I hope you're having a wonderful festive season❤️

Before I even start talking about the holiday party outfits video, I thought I'd just talk about why I'm starting to blog again~ It's been so long since I did a blog post, I don't even know who's going to read this but I guess this platform is just another space on the internet that allows me to express my thoughts in a different medium (YouTube - videos, blog - words). I think it's also a great way to complement my YouTube. I can also put a lot more information in a blog post compared to the description bar.  

Perhaps I can also take this time to talk about some life updates! I finished my first semester at the National University of Singapore (NUS). I was studying Computer Science - and I say "was" because I applied to transfer to a different course/major. I will be studying Communications & New Media under the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences~ I'm feeling hopeful about this next chapter of my uni life! I'll be making another video to talk about the hows and whys of my transfer so I hope that'll be helpful and insightful for those who are thinking about making the change. 

I also wanted to talk a bit about YouTube because I'm so glad that I decided to start a channel! I'm honestly a nobody right now but I'm curious to see where this can take me~ I'm still a YouTube infant - I started posting regularly and seriously maybe about 8 months ago (time flies!). I started by making a "What to do when you're bored during quarantine" video on my iPhone with iMovie and it was so low quality - but it helped relieve my boredom during circuit breaker. Bigger YouTubers have been working on their craft and building their online presence for >3 years - so we'll see how things go! I'm hoping that I can continue to post consistently and connect with you guys online☺️

Also, another thing that I wanted to talk about regarding YouTube is the perception of Singaporean YouTubers. I think everyone predominantly thinks about JianHao Tan who's KILLING it in the YouTuber scene, but I think I'm not so keen on joining that genre or mould despite it being a surefire way to fame, popularity, and success. I want to keep doing what I'm doing even if it means not growing as quickly or getting access to exclusive local networks. It's tough but I need to remember why I started and where I want to go on this YouTube journey.

Now, let's go on to the outfits video~



This was such a fun video to film! I'm a little hesitant to do fashion videos these days because they take a long time to film, edit, and clean up. But I was so inspired by leahsfieldnotes! I freakin' love her - she's so real and unapologetically herself! From her unshaven armpits to comfort in front of a camera, she is such a beautiful human being and I want to strive to be as gently bold (I don't know how else to describe her fearless adroitness) as her.

Anyway, I wanted to create an outfit ideas video for this Christmas-New year season. I may stick to this structure as well in the future - like talking as I show the outfits and having themes or prompts. I like it because you guys also get to see how I style an outfit☺️I'm also really happy with the pieces that I found at the thrift store! I'm definitely trying to be more sustainable in my fashion choices.

Here are the 8 themes I did as well as where I got each piece: 

"family gathering/meeting the future in-laws"
- Green maxi dress: Playdress 
- Dainty pearl cardigan: Thrifted 
- Shoes: Rubi/Cotton On

"zoom party" 
- Top: Thrifted 
- Sports shorts: Shopee 

"potluck social at church"
- Top: Ezbuy - https://ezbuy.sg/product/165568342
- Long beige skirt: Ezbuy - https://ezbuy.sg/product/188760547
(check out my ezbuy collection video where I feature the items above)
- Tote bag: National Gallery Singapore
- Shoes: Muji

"wholesome catchup with friends over brunch" 
- White v-collar cropped top: Ezbuy - https://ezbuy.sg/product/422709747
- Blue jeans (size L): Ezbuy - https://ezbuy.sg/product/466545133
(check out my ezbuy back to school video where I feature the items above)
- Black handbag: Charles & Keith
- Black heels: Bata

"your crush is going to be at the party!" 
- Little black dress: Urban Revivo 
- Maxi floral translucent dress: Thrifted 
- Black heels: Bata

"beach countdown" 
- Bikini top: Shopee
- Sports shorts: Shopee 
- Army hat: Given by a friend

"you have to wear an ugly sweater" 
- Plain sweater: Uniqlo 
- Lights: Ikea 
- Black jeggings: Uniqlo 
- Shoes: Dr Martens 

"with the gals at the bar" 
1st outfit 
- Checkered/gingham cropped top: The Editor's Market 
- Black jeans: Ezbuy - https://ezbuy.sg/product/416323268
 
2nd outfit 
- Dress: Thrifted 
- Heels: Bata 
- Black shawl: From my mom


That's all for this blog post, I'll be back really soon with a reflection on my first semester with every vlog that I did for those few months~ Take care and God Bless!💕

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Congratulations on having finished your first semester at the National University of Singapore!!!
    I love the seven fabulous videos allowing us a look into your experiences there at NUS that you embedded in your subsequent post titled "First (Online) Semester in NUS Computer Science - My Experience (With Vlogs)".
    The explanations and descriptions in the try-on and lookbook video you embedded here are wonderful as well.
    I love the pretty off-shoulder delicate frilly white peplum thrifted top your were wearing from 2:34 to 3:27 of your video. The pot-luck social at church OOTD looks fashionable and attractive. I love the look you achieved by layering the transparent black floral dress over the shiny opaque LBD at 7:45 of the video and also like the khaki green maxi-dress you were wearing at 14:21 of the video. Cute lookbook!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete