HCLF Brownies

April 03, 2016

Hello!!


It's been a while, again.

So many things have happened and I don't think I'll be able to tell you everything but basically, JC life has been a roller coaster ride. And it's only been about 2 months.


Anyway, I'm here with a high-carb low-fat brownie recipe. Not only is it oil-free and super healthy, it's also really delicious and filling! The bananas give it a natural, delicious sweetness and the texture of the brownie is really dense and fudge-y. I topped my brownie with dark chocolate squares (vegan)- it melts in your mouth when you chew into the brownie, it's really really good. I also added chia seeds to give the brownie a nutritional boost.

These brownies are also delicious if you put them in the refrigerator and eat them chilled!!


I've been trying to get back in shape and I decided to start my 'journey' by switching my regular vegan diet to a high-carb low-fat one.

If you have any other great HCLF recipes you'd like to recommend, please comment down below! I could use some help haha :))

It kinda looks like a heart-shape, doesn't it? ;)

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients

2 over-ripe bananas
60g sugar (Coconut sugar is recommended)
60g cocoa powder
120ml non-dairy milk
120g plain flour (I used oat flour)
1 1/2tsp baking powder

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F). 
  2. Puree the bananas in a large bowl.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until everything is combined.
  4. Spread the batter into the 8x8" square pan lined with parchment paper.
  5. Add toppings of your choice. I used chocolate chips/squares and chia seeds.
  6. Bake for about 25 minutes.
  7. Let them cool before cutting into squares.


I actually tried the HCLF lifestyle for a week, back when I first turned vegan. It didn't go very well because it was a pretty tough time for me.
But I'm hoping I'll be more successful this time :)  I don't want it to be too restrictive though. I guess I'll stick to an 80-20 rule; low-sodium and oil-free 80% of the time when I can help it and I'll let myself eat 'unhealthy' fried food (and cup noodles) 20% of the time. Sounds like a good plan :)

I even made datetorade (is that how you spell it?) last time when I was on the HCLF diet.

I miss it!!


That's all for this post, bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments