Handmade Heroes Rose Petals Nourishing Rice Scrub & Coconut Sorbet Lip Scrub

June 11, 2016


Hey beauties :)


Ever since I saw Handmade Heroes being featured on friends Instagram accounts, I felt the itch to get my hands on some of their products too. It's so refreshing to find local cruelty-free and vegan products! All of their products are all handcrafted in Singapore.


Just a little background, on the Handmade Heroes website it says:

All our products are vegan, even our sugars are vegan. Being plant based vegans ourselves, we nitpick our ingredients to ensure they are all vegan and cruelty free. Our sugars are vegan and have not been filtered with bone char.

All our products are really 100% all natural. We don't use any synthetic chemicals in our products nor do we use any preservatives. We use ingredients that are easily recognisable: rice, coffee, cocoa butters, coconut oil, sweet almond oil.

Our products are paraben free and don't contain any nasties.


I chose to get the Rose Petals Super Duper Nourishing Rice Scrub and the Coconut Sorbet Lip Scrub.

First, let me talk about the Rose Petals Super Duper Nourishing Rice Scrub.

I chose to get a scrub because I at that point in time, I had really dry and flaky skin, especially on my legs. So I wanted to have a nice exfoliator while it being moisturising to leave my skin feeling smooth and nourished. Thankfully, I found Handmade Heroes!

Ingredients: Organic Rice, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Rose Petals, Geranium Oil

This rice scrub is very effective. It comes with a cute little spatula to easily scrape the product out hygienically. It feels a little oily but it's just the almond oil, cocoa butter and geranium oil doing its magic. Can I also just say that this smells divine!

My verdict for this rice scrub is that it's amazing and if you're looking for an effective and affordable exfoliate, this is a must-try. However, it can't be kept for long especially in a warm and humid environment like the bathroom so try to use it quickly once opened- be generous to yourself when using this product :)


The next product I'm going to talk about is the Coconut Sorbet Lip Scrub.
I've been looking around for a lip scrub and I was elated when I saw that Handmade Heroes had one and in coconut flavour, no less.



The sugar particles help exfoliate your lips and the coconut oil leaves your lips feeling hydrated and moisturized. 

But I do have a complaint. Imma be real real here. When I bought the product and went home to use it for the first time, I found a black ring lining the rim of the little jar. Upon closer inspection, I found out that the black lining were ants!! They weren't moving but the thought of using the product irked me a little after knowing that ants had been there first. Luckily the ants only circled the rim and didn't make it into the product. I cleaned the jar and proceeded to use the product anyway.
Not sure if it was a mishap on Naiise's (where I bought this product) side or Handmade Heroes side or the transportation's side but I hope the future batches don't have this problem! Hopefully my jar was just an isolated case.


Despite the ants, I actually quite liked this product. The sugar tends to be a little chunky and the particles are rather big but after rubbing it on your lips, it's fine. It was a little messy at first due to my inexperience with lip scrubs but it definitely got the job done. 

I'm looking forward to trying more Handmade Heroes products in the future! 
That's all for this post, bye for now :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments