Where Have I Been + What I Ate

June 30, 2016

Why, hello!! My my, it's been a long time since I've blogged.


My June holidays ended not too long ago and it was not as productive as it should've been. My mid-year exam was right after the holiday. Let's just say I don't think I did well at all, hahaha. Nonetheless, I'm going to enjoy this short and precious break before I get back to the grind. 


Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by? It's already midway through 2016. It's insane. Note to self: cherish life because one day, we're going to die and I want to be able to smile on my death bed as I take my last breath thinking: I lived a good life and I have no regrets.

Oh my. Too morbid? Hahaha, sorryyy!

Well, speaking of dying and growing old and all- I'm 17 now! (That link was horrendous HAHA) 

My birthday was in March and it was good!! I was supposed to do a blog post on my birthday but I never really got down to completing the post and publishing it haha. So I guess this is roughly a makeup for that laziness.
I was really really happy and thankful for all the birthday wishes I've received :)

You can check out my post on the restaurant I ate at for lunch, Joie. If you're on this post after reading that post, hi! :))

Just a few days ago, I was feeling so down and upset. 
Just a year ago, I was probably at one of the lowest points in my life so far. 
Just two years ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd be where I am today.
Isn't it amazing what Time does for and to us? It heals. It may take a day, weeks, months or years but eventually, Time will push us towards recovery. 


Anyway, it's been a really long time since I posted anything and that's because JC life has been so stressful and busy!! I've been questioning countless times if JC was the right option for me- someone who can't handle stress well. I guess I'll just have to continue treading and doing my best. 
If my best happens to not be enough for me to promote, I honestly don't mind going to poly next year. I would have 'wasted' a year in JC but I don't have any regrets. I made some amazing friends and learnt many new things- both academic knowledge and other non-academic related stuff.


I've been really overwhelmed recently too. As we grow older, one would think that more questions will be answered but it's the opposite. We get more and more confused because life seemingly gets more and more complicated. But has it really? I don't know.
I once told someone something like this, "You had 24 hours when you were a little child. You still have 24 hours now. Time isn't speeding up, we simply just have more things to do." 
We still have the same amount of time, we just have more things to do and complete. Sigh, responsibilities.

I also baked a little during this hiatus from my blog. No recipe though because I wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. When I have refined the recipe, I'll post it :)
Look at that fluffy moistness though, hahaha.

These cookies turned out pretty well though! The recipe I did was adapted from here. I don't have my own recipe post for these cookies yet because I still want to experiment with the recipe more before posting it :)

Anyway, let me share more on JC.

JC has been a huge roller coaster ride. All JC students should know this monstrosity called 'project work'(PW). To be honest, I feel like it can be fun! The thing that makes it painful is that it's extremely time-consuming. And oh my. If you're planning on coming to JC you better pray you get a decent group to work with in PW. Because if you end up in a difficult group where the group dynamics are terrible, GG. Game over. Good luck.

At first, I was really really terrified for my group because it seemed like our group dynamics were pretty bad. But I was overthinking (as usual). Turns out our group is pretty great and can focus while having fun :)

But I don't regret having that initial meltdown because if not for that, I wouldn't have made a really special friend. This new friendship with this friend is probably one of the greatest things that has happened in my life so far.
After my breakdown in school that day when the PW groupings came out, this friend messaged me out of the blue. And that's when we started getting closer :))
God works in mysterious ways, aye?

Anyway, PW has been taking up a lot of my time. JC in general takes up a lot of my time. It's tough, but then again what isn't? I realise that I've been giving up on things really easily lately. So I really need to find ways for me to correct my quitter-mentality fast before I end up losing my way. 'Learn to rest, not to give up.'- I need to start living by this quote.

I remember typing in a draft blog post back in January: "Please let 2016 be a great year."
And truly, 2016 has been absolutely phenomenal so far. So many great things happened and I just Praise and thank God for everything :)  Gratitude is a significant key to happiness.



That's all for this disorganised post, bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments