Chocolate Coconut Muffins

September 24, 2016

Hey hey :) It's been too long since I blogged.



I am so incredibly happy and blessed. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before but I think that gratitude is essential for happiness. Count your blessings and keep looking for the good in everything, be thankful and change your perspective. I know I did and I'm so happyyy :))



A huge part of my happiness is definitely thanks to a very special person in my life. He is my sun, my home, my best friend and so so amazing :)
They say don't make someone your home because that could leave you homeless. And people have been wary in the beginning, I know I was. But you know what? Why let the fear of the unknown future affect the joy in the present? Just trust and go with the flow. Why worry about things going wrong when there's a possibility that things can also go perfectly right? And that's how things have been so far with him- right. I'm so in love with him and I'm not afraid to proclaim it :))
It's scary being in love, but oh boy, it's breathtaking too.



Anyway, another thing I'm in love with are these muffins!



My family seemed to really like these muffins too :) They're moist and the coconut taste isn't overwhelming.



Funny story, I was originally planning on making cupcakes but I was lazy to do the whole shebang so I decided to alter this recipe to be a muffin recipe instead. I'm also terrible at making frosting and actually frosting cupcakes anyway so I think this all worked out for the better :)



Without further delay, here's the recipe:
Makes 12 cupcakes

Ingredients

150g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
120g castor sugar 
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
200ml coconut milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
100ml canola oil

Directions 
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees F). Line cupcake tray with 12 paper baking cups.
  2. In a large bowl add the cocoa powder, plain flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Mix and ensure everything is combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together).
  3. Next, add coconut milk, canola oil, apple cider vinegar in another bowl and whisk until well combined.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until incorporated and there are no dry lumps left.
  5. Fill each paper 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely.


And voila, your muffins are done :)

Hope you guys try this recipe out and I hope I get to blog again soon. My promos (the major final-year examinations J1 students take which determines if they get promoted to J2) are in 3 days and here I am blogging, hahaha. What a wake-up call.



Okok, ciao for now, God bless!

You Might Also Like

0 comments