ColourPop Haul Dec 2016

January 23, 2017

I'm in love.



I just found my new favourite cosmetics brand!! I'm heart-eyes over everything on ColouPop's online store now.


I had a lot of fun shopping on ColourPop. I bought this mainly to treat myself and friends for Christmas and because there was a sale, thanks to Kathleen Lights from this YouTube video where she gave a shoutout to all her favourite ColourPop products.

In addition to this haul, I also bought a Flexitarian highlighter and Echo Park Satin Lip but I gave those away to two lovely friends for Christmas so it's not included in this haul.

Without further ado, let's get to it!


These past few days have been so gloomy that it's been really hard to get good lighting to take good pics. And if I wait for good weather, I may not be in the mood to blog or take photos anymore, hahaha. So bear with the lighting, I apologise if the colours don't show up very well.

I'll link all the items I got for easy reference :)


I discovered Kathleen Lights ages ago, before she had he collab with ColourPop. I feel like Kathleen is such a sweet, genuine person from her videos. And she's so relatable too! I absolutely enjoy watching her videos so when I found out that she worked with ColourPop, I was SHOOK. I knew I wanted to get something from her collab collection on my first ColourPop purchase so I chose this (and other products which I will show later on in this post).

 

I really like the jelly-like consistency of the shadows. They're a little hard to work with with a brush but with your fingers, these shadows glide on like a dream. For application tips, the ColourPop website has information provided.


The shades in this foursome are:

Glow: matte creamy vanilla

Kathleenlights: bright golden copper
Let me just talk a little more about this Kathleenlights shade. In my opinion, this is my favourite out of this foursome. It's bold and sparkly while still being something I don't mind putting on my lids for an everyday look. It is very build-able so you can go from everyday gal to drama-mama if you desire.

Blaze: coco bronze sprinkled with multi-dimensional glitter

Cornelious: matte warm caramel
My favourite shade to wear for a casual day out.


I also really love the packaging.


Just some swatches :) Also, these shadows are pretty long-lasting! They last throughout the day and when I tried to vigorously rub these shadows off, they wouldn't budge. Even when I washed my arm, twice, you can still see traces of the shadows still there.

Next, I got the Lunch Money Pearlized Highlighter.

A very natural, easy-to-work-with highlighter for everyday wear. It's very creamy and smooth. Like the shadows, this glides on very easily. It's definitely build-able and perfect for those who want to slowly get into highlighting without the overwhelming glow. Start slow, baby steps :)


Let's get to the lip products :)

I got the Fairy Floss Ultra Glossy Lip.
ColourPop describes this as a sheer pale beige. I've never been a fan of lip glosses because of how sticky they feel on my lips but I had no issues with this gloss. I really like it and I'm totally going to go for the glossy lip look more in 2017.

I also got the Alyssa Ultra Satin Lip.
This lip product was also from the collab with Kathleen Lights which made me want to get it even more. I would say that the shade is pretty similar to Kylie's Koko K but the Alyssa is more moisturising and not as matte as Koko K.


And can we take a moment to talk about the simple but aesthetic packaging? I love the holographic details on the boxes the products come in.

ColourPop's lippie stix seem to get quite a lot of hype so I got two to try :)
I got the Konnichiwa Lippie Stix which was made in collaboration with Hello Kitty!

The packaging alone has me sold- I'm a huge sucker for packaging! This bright dusty rose shade is very wearable and girly. The consistency is smooth, creamy and it glides onto the lips easily. The smell of the product is pretty good too, which is a plus point in my book.

Lastly, I got the Lumière Lippie Stix which is also a product made in collab with Kathleen Lights.
This dusty mauve pink lippie stick is probably my favourite lip product out of all the lip products I got from this ColourPop purchase (many many more purchases to come). It has a matte finish without being drying at all. It's also very easy to apply on the lips which is great for a lazy, messy person like me.

 

Already planning my next ColourPop purchase, hahaha! Especially with their new pressed shadows and collaboration with Alexis Ren? Gurrrl, I be camping on ColourPop's website.


That's all for this post, bye for now! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments