Bye 2016, Hello 2017

January 23, 2017

Hey everybodyyy :)  It feels like it's been such a long time since I blogged! Hope everyone's enjoying 2017 so far, I know I am.


Source: Google

Just a quick update of what I've been up to recently, since my drop-out from JC, I've submitted my school application (JAE) and I'm waiting for the posting results to come out in early February, I cant wait for school to start honestly. I put Temasek Polytechnic Information Technology as my first choice and I hope to get in :)
I also picked up boxing at a gym near my place, it's so fun and it's such a great way to keep fit. I can already see and feel the difference in my body.

Now, back to the post.
I did a similar post early in 2016 and it was a nice way to document the year and my thoughts and resolutions for the new year. So I'm back with another post for 2017!

Looking back on 2016, I'd say it's a pretty great year. It had ups and downs, as do all years, but I'm glad to say that 2016's ups far outweighed the downs. And I'm able to remember more good memories than bad. I'd probably attribute it to my habit of journalling my day on this app called Grid Diary (which I also mentioned in this post). After using it for a few consecutive months, I finally decided to get the pro version :)

It's nearing the end of January 2017 so this post is a little late, but better late than never!

Cool things that happened in 2016:
  • Made new friends
  • Better than expected O-level results
  • Joined Football (Girls) CCA in JC
  • Said yes to more things and also knew when to say no 
  • Took up boxing at the end of 2016, signed up for a 3+months membership
  • Found the love of my life
  • Dropped out of JC
  • Cooked/baked more vegan food
  • Visited Australia, fed kangaroos and calves, saw penguins
  • Bought things online for the first time HAHA
and more...

If I actually typed every good thing that happened in 2016, this post would be like a never-ending essay. 2016 was such a good year and I really give all glory to God. Things got really bad at one point but with God, I pulled through :)

New Year is always very exciting. Although this New Year felt less festive, New Year still symbolised a new beginning for me- a chance to do better and be better. So these are my New Years Resolutions for 2017 which also consists of a few habits from 2016 which I want to keep.

2017 New Years Resolutions
Self
  • Don't push emotions to the side; accept them, deal with them and then let them go
  • Love life and the people who make me a better person, love better
  • Smooth skin, nice hair, take care of personal hygiene
  • Wear nice lingerie, it's empowering
  • Say 'No' when I mean to
  • Be confident, less insecure
  • Be adventurous, go for parties and experience ZoukOut 2017
  • Continue using Grid Diary
  • Be minimalistic
Health
  • Get fit and healthy, both physically and mentally (took up boxing)
  • Stay vegetarian
  • Drink more water, use water bottle
Money
  • Save money, at least ($) per month
  • Have at least ($) in bank by the end of 2017
  • Cook more, eat out less
  • Pack food to school
School
  • Focus on studies
  • Stay productive
  • 4.0 GPA (*nervous laugh*)
Faith
  • Go mass every week
  • Read the Bible everyday

I guess that's all for this post. I'll be back with another similar post at the start of next year, bye for now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments