Bye 2017, Hello 2018

January 04, 2018

Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/bc/0a/59bc0afe5d192f87d105fed27f02d793.jpg

I think the new year is the perfect time to review the past and look forward into the future. Not to say that it's bad to do that throughout the year - just saying that the perfect time, in my opinion, would be at the end of the year/start of the year.

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYCKMCJFO8xfJUA/source.gif 

2017 was a year full of changes and new experiences. In retrospect, I'd say it was a pretty decent year. I was hurled out of my comfort zone (which was terrible) but without that, I wouldn't have grown.

I haven't blogged in a while too so I think I should round up the year in a nutshell to put us all on the same page.

2017 highlights:

  • Turned legal!
  • Joined polytechnic
  • Made a lot of friends!
  • Better than expected GPA
  • Started eating eggs, dairy and fish again (no other meat) 
  • Experienced a breakup 
and more...

I did manage to hit some of my goals I set for myself last year. If you look back at my Bye 2016, Hello 2017 post, these are the things I'll want to continue for this year:

  • Don't push emotions to the side; accept them, deal with them and then let them go (I'll definitely have to write an extended post on this topic)
  • Smooth skin, nice hair, take care of personal hygiene
  • Wear nice lingerie, it's empowering!!!!!
  • Say 'No' when I mean to (I'd say I'm doing well in this aspect so far in 2018)

2018 goals:

  • Have only 1 non-vegan meal a day; the rest of the day I will be vegan!!! (I'm honestly really digging the vegan vibes and miss feeling more at peace, if that makes sense)
  • Wake up at 7am or earlier every day 
  • Be independent, self-sufficient and self-motivated!!
  • Know my worth and believe that:
Source: https://assets.rbl.ms/10704875/980x.gif
  • Know that being admired for being good-looking is like congratulating a person for their face. Remember that being appreciated for my personality/character is so much more meaningful. This applies when I'm complimenting others as well. Dr Yang says it best:
Source: https://78.media.tumblr.com/5784dea22a7e5d9b7af9f43f61090d92/tumblr_o1wmz8voX71uzc3meo1_500.gif
  • Drink more water, use water bottle (tried to do this in 2017, didn't really work out)
  • Get fit and reach a certain weight by my birthday
  • Focus on studies and get a good GPA
  • Being more self-aware - pen down my thoughts
  • Start writing more poetry again (I have a highlight story of my poetry on my Instagram)
  • Be minimalistic (tried this in 2017, didn't succeed so I'm persisting and giving it another shot this year)
  • Save money!!!
  • Trust God more and let Him be in control
  • Be more confident with myself and my looks/body
  • Was thinking about doing YouTube again but I really don't think I have the luxury of time - will see how it goes :)
  • Bake more vegan goodies
  • Cook and prepare my own meals more
  • Blog more (about veganism, vegan food, reflections, studies etc.)
That's all for this post. Wishing you all a very blessed, happy new year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments