ColourPop Haul Jan 2018

January 20, 2018

Two words: retail therapy.



School has been ripping me apart. In the span of 3 days, I've pulled 2 all-nighters but I'm surprisingly still going strong. I have nobody to thank but God for keeping me resilient and healthy this stressful period. One thing that hasn't been on my side is my skin. I have this huge pimple right in the center of my face, on my nose, and I don't know how to feel about it haha.

I'm not one to care about pimples - they come and they go - but this one has been very persistent and it's pretty noticeable.



Why am I rambling about my pimple on a ColourPop Haul blog post. (Pull yourself together, Nic.)

I've been eyeballing ColourPop for quite some time and somewhere near the end of 2017, I decided to go in for the kill. My wallet was the victim.



Besides taxing school work and my pimple, I've been thinking a lot about beauty and makeup as well. Not the products but the idea of dolling up and looking good with the aid of beauty products.

I won't be rambling so much about how girls do makeup to impress guys - because I think it's been established and reiterated several times already that (most) girls put on makeup for themselves - because it's fun or because it makes us feel good.


I've been thinking more about adopting a more minimalistic approach to makeup and also learning to feel confident with or without makeup. I think it's so important to be comfortable in my own skin and not care what people think. This applies to both ends of the spectrum - not caring what others think when I'm barefaced and also not giving a damn about people's opinions when I'm rocking a full glam look.

But I'm also learning to accept that everyone will have their judgement and opinions - it's beyond my control. So I shouldn't let it bother me :)

Enough chitchat, this is what I got from ColourPop:

YES, PLEASE!

Pressed Powder Shadow Palette

Seeing that this palette made it to the Nylon Beauty Hit List 2017, I felt that if I were to get any palette from ColourPop - this should be it. I love the warm colours so much and it has a good number of matte shades and shimmer shades. They're super smooth and blend really easily.


COOKIE

Lippie Stix

I've been on the hunt for a good nude lipstick for a long time and I'm glad to say that the search is over. We did it, fam. I found my match. We're in a serious relationship now.


UP AND AWAY

Lip Bundle


The main lip product I wanted to get was Love Bug because I tried it once when a really great friend of mine let me. And I was shook. I rarely wear red lips because I feel like I can't seem to find the right shade of red for me but Love Bug was right up my alley. I'm prepared to wear more bold lip looks this year, woohoo!



GNOMIE

Loose Highlighter

I'm not very sure how to use a loose highlighter but I'm really excited to try this out! It's super glittery and shimmery so if you about that glow-to-the-gods kind of life, you should give this a shot.


RUNNING IN ORBITS

Supernova Shadow


I got this in hopes to get a glossy lids kind of look and although it's not going to give me the look I was trying to achieve, I ain't complainin'. This has a iridescent metallic sheen which looks gorgeous when light hits it. Can't wait to experiment different looks with this product.



That's all for this post! 


Two words: Satisfied customer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments