Project Açaí @Holland Village

April 25, 2015

My cousin recommended Project Acai to me. I Googled them and I had to go immediately! 
(Here's their website: http://www.project-acai.com/)


So, what exactly is acai? 

Açaí (ah • sigh • ee) berry is a superfood which is packed with antioxidants, omega 3, 6 and 9, is high in fibre and extremely low in sugar. The nutritional benefits in this little thing proves that big things really do come in small packages. 

So what's so good about all this nutritional goodness? That means that you prevent cancer, fight free radical damage, prevent heart disease, boost energy levels and slows down signs of ageing
The açaí fruit has up to 10 times more antioxidants than blueberries, is a great vegan source of essential heart fats, and also helps to control cholesterol
Source: Google

The price of the acai bowls an smoothies kind of scared me at first. It seemed really expensive and over-priced for a 'smoothie' in a bowl/cup. I kept my expectations high and I wasn't disappointed.

I got a large acai bowl.

The presentation is amazing. The fruits, chia seeds and cacao nibs (I think that's what it's called?) went very well with the acai!  When I felt full halfway through the bowl, that's when I concluded that it's worth the price you pay. (I rarely feel full, hahaha) I guess it's because acai is high in fibre, has low GI, and allows you to feel satisfied even with a small portion.

My verdict is that Project Acai is definitely worth a try!
That's all for now, bye :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments