O'bean

November 12, 2015

I will be updating this post with more food that I try out at this restaurant so do come back and check this post again every once in a while :)

Hello! 

If you've seen my Must-try Vegan Eateries in Singapore video/post, you'll know that I mentioned O'bean
I realised that I haven't done a blog post dedicated to the wonderful restaurant so here it is!


They have relocated their main store to another location which is still within Tanjong Pagar; 
30 Tanjong Pagar Road S088453.
With this new upgrade, you can expect an 'upgrade' in the prices on the menu too.

Update: The Roxy Square kiosk has closed down.

This is the old menu.

New menu! There are more vegan options on the menu now :)  The vegan options are denoted with a green 'V' and those items with the 'Egg (optional)' sign can be made vegan just by requesting for no egg.

(Old, this version is no longer available) Dry ramen (left), Tom yum soup(right)

I really enjoy quite a few Thai foods, especially tom yum. I feel that Thai food is all about playing around with the combinations of flavours and O'bean managed to do that with this soup. It also comes in a hot pot which keeps the soup hot, as it should be. They are rather generous with the mock 'seafood' as well.

W9: Dry ramen 
The dry ramen recipe has changed since I last visited O'bean. For one, it's a lot spicier. If you can't handle spicy food, you may have to ask the staff if it's possible to lessen the spiciness level because this was almost burning my taste buds hahaha. Nonetheless, it is really shiok and delicious. They are pretty generous with the vegetable portion as well.


R1: Dumpling Soya Soup
The soya taste is pretty strong so if you're a soya fan, you're going to love this! On the other hand, if you don't fancy soya, you may not enjoy this. I've heard a comment from someone that this tastes like hot soya milk, hahaha. For those who have no strong feelings for or against soya like myself, I think you'll still find this tasty- I know I did :)

 Seafood Ramen
(no longer available)
This was very spicy, as expected of a Thai stock. I'm not a fan of mock meat but the 'seafood' in this bowl was rather tasty. It wasn't over-chewy and the portion was just right. The noodles itself was my favourite part though. If you miss awesome Japanese/Korean style ramen since you've turned vegan, go to O'bean now!! It's not 100% authentic or a replica but it's the closest vegan option so far in Singapore.

Price: $14.80
Not very affordable but it's not the most expensive ramen out there so I'd say this price is about right. Plus, me and my friends were very full after a bowl of our ramen so I'd say the ramen is worth it.

Black Marbles
These are AMAZ-BALLS. The black sesame powder accompanied with the rice ball is really tasty but what makes this dessert divine is the peanut filling inside. When bitten into, the warm, sweet and delicious peanut filling oozes out. The soft and gooey texture of the glutinous rice ball, the powdery black sesame and the slightly crunchy peanut filling works hand-in-hand to give your tastebuds a flavourful ride. 

Price: $7.60 
For this portion (5 black marbles), I think the price is too much. This may be their signature dish but I don't think it's worth this price.

Banana Soya Smoothie
I'm a big banana fan so this naturally tasted good to me. The soya taste still lingers a little but the dominant taste is the banana. It's also really thick and refreshing especially on a typical hot day in Singapore.
Price: $5.80 
This was a big mug of delicious banana nice-cream goodness which could almost be a meal by itself. Nonetheless, nearly $6.00 for a drink is rather expensive. On the other hand, it's about the same price as a Starbucks so I still this this is pretty bang-for-your-buck.

Overall, O'bean is undeniably one of my favourite places to eat. There is an outlet in Roxy Square but the main restaurant is in Tanjong Pagar. (For more information on location, click here)

That's all for now, bye :))

You Might Also Like

0 comments