HCLF Vegan Potluck (New Years Eve)

December 31, 2015

I was really excited and honoured to be invited to a HCLF vegan potluck hosted by Sophia Goh, a well-known vegan YouTuber and blogger. I got to meet so many like-minded vegan youths which was amazing! 

It's great to know that more people are becoming vegan and that this community is expanding exponentially. There was even a vegan 12 year-old girl! I'm amazed at her maturity and compassion :))  
I'll mention all the instagram accounts of all people at the meetup at the end of this post.

I wanted to bake something nice but I was completely unsure of what to make since it's for a HCLF gathering. So I stuck to something safe; Wei's Sorbet in the Australian Mango flavour.

Everyone was so welcoming and friendly! The food was amazing and the variety was overwhelming (in a good way). Everything was very healthy since it's high carb low fat (HCLF).


Delicious dumplings

HCLF Brownies

Shepherds pie

Sushi (it was rolled so perfectly)

Banana muffins

And there was bee hoon, spinach noodles (which was amazing), pita pockets, bean salad and so much more!! 

My first serving (I went for quite a few rounds, there was so much food!)

We went around in a circle sharing our vegan stories (how we became vegan) and I'm so humbled by everyones openess and honesty! Some of us were complete strangers but it felt like we were friends for a while already.

I'm really inspired and empowered by everyone there. They're a bunch of cool and fun people who really give off good vibes :)

I'm really hoping that we can meet again soon! Perhaps for Chinese New Year? Hahaha, we'll see when the time comes :)

Instagram accounts:

Nicole (me): nicoolest_

Bernice: Berbernicee
Jaslyn: jaslyngoh
Sophia: svphiaestelle
Tisha: tishakiran
Alphonsine: thevegancut 
Bianca: smoothievore
Sophia Joe: sophiasjoe
Crystal: alm0ndcrys
Grace: GraceTJQ 
Lee Ting: veganishappiness/ lee_tingggg(main)
Jeff: ngjunfeng
Faatimah: faatimvh
Sarah:  nourishedveganvibes / svrahhhh
Alissa: lissaheng
Sumi: sumi3wow
Jasmine: jasminekian


That's all for this post! Bye for now and Happy New Year :))

You Might Also Like

0 comments