Jadeite Vegetarian

May 13, 2015

I will be updating this post with more food that I try out at this restaurant so do come back and check this post again every once in a while :)

Jadeite is a very nice restaurant with an amazing concept. It is a buddhist family-run business where the whole family eats vegetarian. They wanted the restaurant to feel like a welcoming place; like coming home for a nice cooked meal.

The service there is one of the best I've experienced. The aunty (mother of the family) there is such a lovely woman. She started a conversation with me (in Chinese) and I managed to keep the conversation going. She asked me if I'm vegetarian/vegan and why I chose my decision. We also talked a little about religion and things. Considering that I'm rather awkward around people I'm not close to, I felt relatively less nervous around her :)

The price range is also very affordable and value-for-money.

Now, on to the amazing food!

Sambal Fish Rice (spicy)
I tried the Sambal Fish Rice . It's a really simple Chinese meal- 1 serving of vegetables, 1 serving of 'meat' with rice as a staple. And it tastes so good! The chilli has the right amount of spiciness for me :)  The 'fish' tastes so good! The texture and taste is on point. I really can't find any fault in this dish other than there not being enough, hahaha.

I'll definitely be going back here again and again and again... Even after I've tried everything on the menu :)

Do go and support them! Their website is here. That's all for now, bye!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Nicole,

    Junwei here :) I'm the Aunty's Son :) Haha.

    I so happy that you enjoyed our food and services.

    Thanks for the awesome shout out and keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete