Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

May 08, 2015


YAS, a vegetarian/vegan buffet!! I've been wanting to come here for a long while now and I'm so glad that I finally got to try it out.

Without further ado, here's my experience and thoughts on Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant.


The variety of things are different each day. But they are more-or-less quite similar. 



Albeit it being a weekday afternoon, the restaurant was fully packed. So I definitely think that it would be safer, and highly recommended, to book a place in advance. 

Just some of my rounds of food. I probably went like 8. Or more. Who knows, hahaha.

Sushi
I was quite impressed that they had a sushi section! I tried each variety there but they were kind of disappointing. The rice was warm and the taste was ordinary. Some even didn't taste very appetising.

'Sashimi salmon'
This was not tasty at all. I have no idea what it is but it just didn't taste really good. Seemed like no one else liked it either because the whole platter was still relatively full.

Broccoli & other vegetables
I liked the vegetables! Imagine being a vegetarian and not liking vegetables, hahaha. 
My mom says that they were really good too. They were really green and fresh. Being vegetarian chefs, it's mandatory that they prepare vegetables well I guess. 

Favourites from main course:

Pan fried Carrot cake
I probably took 10 of these. It is so freaking delicious! My mom loved it too. I don't know what else to say. Carrot cake brings back a lot of childhood memories for me.
If you're vegetarian, do try this carrot cake out. They usually fry carrot cake with egg, making it non-vegan. So it was nice to be able to eat a delicious vegan carrot cake again :)

Thai Style Fried Kway tiao
This Kway tiao was fried with Tom yum. I love Tom yum. It's so YUMmy #pun. It's also quite spicy which is really shiok

Fried rice with Cedar leaves
My mom and I love this fragrant rice. I rember passing the rice and noodles section thinking, 'what is that gorgeous smell?' Turned out to be this rice!

Veg meat ball
I really liked this! The texture and taste is similar to a real meat ball which I haven't eaten in AGES. This is definitely worth a try!

Veg steamed fish
I miss fish a lot. If I had to rank what I miss the most, it'd be fish and eggs. This 'fish' was really tasty. My be hint of fishy taste is there and the texture is quite similar. 

Desserts

What's great is that they're all eggless and dairy-free. But the variety is quite limited. 

Eggless cake
And my comments on the eggless cakes is that it was very dry and not very flavorful. Maybe it's just because I love baking and have baked vegan cakes which are, in my opinion, really nice hahaha. My standards are pretty high for baked goodies. 

Soya pudding
This was quite nice! Definitely could taste the soya and I like that :)


Favourite from desserts:

Cookie

All in my stomach, hahaha. Look at the number of cookies I took! It had a really nutty flavour and crunch to it, which I adore. 

The verdict is: Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant is a MUST-TRY!!! It's so delicious and an awesome option for vegans and vegetarians :)

That's all for this post, bye for now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments