Best Vegan Fudge Brownies with Ganache

January 10, 2016

I needed to spend my time doing something otherwise my thoughts will be travelling at 99999999km/h thinking about O-level results tomorrow. 
So what did I do? Bake some kick-ass fudge brownies.


I took so many different pictures of these beauties because they were so photogenic, hahah. They look good but let me tell you, they taste better.


The top layer is crunchy while the inside of the brownie is super chewy and decadent. It is dense and very satisfying. This is the perfect not-sinful-but-still-tastes-sinful dessert! Hahaha, plus it's not like you're going to eat brownies everyday so why not go all out and add a chocolate ganache on top of the brownies?

Since it's vegan, there's no guilt at all because you're not harming other beings while enjoying your sexy brownie :)  'Vegan' means that this brownie does not contain any animal products such as eggs, dairy, butter, honey etc. There's also no flax egg (which is vegan) in this recipe either :)


This brownie was very easy to make as well! With just 10 ingredients (not counting water) which you probably already have, this recipe is a keeper. 
I'll put a few notes and tips at the end for other substitutes and changes to the recipe which will still result in a decadent, delicious brownie.

Recipe adapted from here.
I made quite a lot of changes though and I really like how my brownies turned out.
Let's get onto the recipe!

Ingredients

For brownies:
145g flour
55g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
50g chocolate chips
140g brown sugar
60ml coconut oil
100ml non-dairy milk
75ml water
2 tsp apple cider
1 spoon peanut butter (how big the spoonful is, it's up to you)

For ganache:
Chocolate chips
Agave syrup
Non-dairy milk (if needed)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Sift into a large bowl to prevent having chunks of cocoa powder in your batter. Add chocolate chips into the bowl.

2. In a medium bowl, mix the coconut oil, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, non-dairy milk, water and peanut butter. Don't worry if the peanut butter is clumpy or not completely incorporated. Mix well.

3. Now pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated. 

4. Pour the batter into a pan which is lined with baking sheets and place it the preheated oven. Bake for about 16-24 minutes or till the top looks cooked. Stick a toothpick into the centre of the brownie. If you want awesome gooey brownies, you can leave it slightly undercooked (the toothpick will not come out completely clean). And if you want firmer brownies, bake until the toothpick comes out clean when poked into the centre of the brownie.

5. To make the ganache, melt some chocolate chips in a water bath and add agave syrup to make it thinner. If it's still too thick, you can add 1 tsp of non-dairy milk at a time. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to your liking!


Note:

-If the batter is too dry, add non-dairy milk or water a tablespoon at a time. 
-You can use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
-You can use any vegetable oil in place of coconut oil.
-It may be troublesome to put the baking sheets in the pan but trust me, it's going to be so useful and helpful when you take the brownies out. So do it ;)

 

Thia has got to be the best looking brownies I've made so far! The brownies were crumbly and not overly sweet. If you want it sweeter, feel free to add more sugar or more ganache :)


Spams of pictures coming right up!


I'm actually starting to get really anxious about tomorrow now. I've been pretty chill the whole time up until now. I'm actually feeling some heart palpitations, it's bad. Sigh, but I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how badly I panic, it's not going to change my results at this point.


And my hallucinations and dreams have no relation to my actual results. If I dreamt that I got 47, it was just a dream. If I imagined that I got 6, it was just a thought. I'll only know he truth tomorrow at 2pm. 


I'm also trying to keep my expectations low because what I detest is when I let myself down. So I've set a personal target of an L1R5 of 19. That seems fair enough by my standard. I just really hope I don't go above 20. Even still, the poly course which I want to go to has an L1R4 cutoff point of 20+. I'll still have somewhere to go and that's whats keeping me sane right now.



Gosh, too many pictures hahaha!


I really want to bake with my friends. I just feel so thankful that I made such awesome friends in secondary school. It was such a good environment for me to grow and mature. If I could go back in time, I would still pick the same secondary school.



Gaaaah, I just feel so grateful for everything!


Also, I was praying for a guy in my church yesterday and I got this verse:
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. -Deuteronomy 31:8
It's amazing how God works in mysterious ways :)) #PraiseTheLord


So let's not worry about tomorrow. Let's embrace it and trust God. Believe that what ever happens, it's God's plan which will lead us to the path which He has chosen for us.


OH! And I'm so so so happy :)) This morning, a friend texted me and said she was going to try going vegetarian/vegan!! It was such a great thing to wake up to! I'm so happy for her and I wish her all the best :D

If you're reading this, STAY AMAZING!! And if you ever need anyone to talk to, you can text me :))  And Google often has answers for most questions. It's awesome how information is just a click away. There's no excuse to be unaware of what's going on in the world.


Ooh. Butterflies in my stomach now.
I also discovered something else about myself recently. Whenever I see or sense that someone is upset, I find more strength and courage to step up and help cheer her/him up in some way. I find it so easy to push aside my own problems to put others first. And this reminds me of my confirmation camp last year when I said that I wanted a gift to help people. I guess this is one of the ways God has blessed me :)) #PraiseTheLord

 

If you're taking your O-levels this year or waiting for your results too, don't worry :))  The results you get are a reflection of the effort you put in. You'll get the results you deserve so just believe in yourself :)


That's all for this post! Bye for now :)) And wish all O-level people luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments