What I Ate (8th & 9th Jan 2016) & SPCA

January 09, 2016

8th Jan 2016

Aloha!

 
(Breakfast)

I was so happy when I finally got this beautiful blue-green shade in my nice-cream this morning! I often accidentally add too much Spirulina powder and it becomes a dark murky green shade which isn't very appetising. 

This was very delicious and nutritious :)

(Breakfast)

I watched a video by happyandhealthy96 (Steph Yu) on YouTube this morning on how thoughts are just thoughts. I was actually thinking a little about that yesterday. I mentioned to my friend how you often can't control what you think but you can control what you say. And since no one can read minds, people are just going to judge or evaluate you based on your actions and words. 

(Breakfast)

So don't be so bothered about what you think. Because it's not too late to change your mind when you haven't taken any action :)

(Breakfast)

I also posted a picture of this breakfast on my Instagram with an African proverb as my caption. 
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."
(Breakfast)

I also saw that quote at the American Museum of Natural History back in USA and it really resonated with me. I just never thought of earth this way and I think it's so true. If we keep destroying our planet, what will our children have? I honestly don't think we're going to be very responsible parents if we are currently destroying the planet. 
The world is overpopulated too. Can earth handle this many people? I don't know. 

(Breakfast)

Met up with a group of lovely vegans and had lunch at Veggie Cottage.


They were all so friendly and funny! I really enjoyed their company :)  We also went to Mustafa after lunch to get vegan cream cheese! But we came out of Mustafa with so much more. Here's my little haul of the food stuff I got:


I also got an organic, cruelty-free hair dye from Mustafa which I'll do a review on in the very near future :)

I had olive fried rice made by my mom for dinner. It's one of my favourite home cooked dishes :)

9th Jan 2016

Okay, it's dawn now as I'm typing this :)

(Breakfast)

Managed to quickly make breakfast and munch while typing this.

(Breakfast)

It's going to be a really busy day. So busy and packed that I actually didn't want to get out of bed. But I also know that I'm not the type who likes being too free because I'll get bored. So if I don't like being busy or being too free, what DO I like? Hmm, I'm so complexed. Then again, aren't we all? :)

(Breakfast)

So if we ourselves are so complicated, why make our life so complicated too? I think that's why more and more people are trying to live a more minimalistic lifestyle. 

(Breakfast)

Also, my henna tattoo is fading away now. It was really nice and the woman who did it was amazing and so friendly :)

(Breakfast)

I made an amazing realisation. Amazing to me at least. I woke up today feeling lethargic because I was not looking forward to the busy day. I was probably overwhelmed by the amount of things I had to accomplish. But once the day went on and I focused on completing each task, it became easier and I actually looked forward to the things I was doing.

So I guess the lesson is to focus on each task on hand and not look at the big picture immediately. Do one thing at a time otherwise you'll end up doing nothing.

My dad gave me an analogy a few years ago when I was really overwhelmed once.
He said, "Think of your tasks as rocks. The more important the task, the bigger the rock. You have to fill a jar with all the rocks." He then explained afterwards, "You have to put the bigger rocks into the jar first, followed by the smaller ones so that the jar can fit all the rocks."
I remember feeling really surprised at that analogy that my dad gave. I remember feeling so many emotions but among the sea of thoughts, I felt grateful to have such a caring and wise dad, haha :)

(Breakfast)

I then had to head to school to help out in some fundraising for SPCA with my friends :)


Gearing up.


I'm Cookie Monster :))  It was incredibly fun! I suppose everyone enjoys getting credit for doing something good. Most people like getting acknowledged and having their identity being known. Being in a mascot, you don't really get that acknowledgment but it's still so satisfying. I just find so much joy in making people smile and squeal, "Awwww, so cute!!" Which I heard a lot, hahaha. There were children too and I just felt so loving towards them when I'm not usually a children person. 

I just loved being enthusiastic and making people happy. 


The purpose of us dressing up was to raise funds for SPCA because they're going to give all their animals a refurbished home!! The facilities at SPCA haven't been good for a while and I'm happy that they are going to do something about it. I'm glad I got to be a small part of their big project :)

We were smoking hot but it's worth it. 

We were hugging but it looks like Elmo and Cookie Monster are kissing!! Hahaha

This one looks more like we're hugging :))

This one's pretty funny. We look like we just saw something horrid and we're thinking, "OH NO!" when we were actually just fixing the head of the costume, haha.

Had to rush off midway to head for Intercessory session, which was awesome. I've found that I'm able to speak more and with some confidence. I was such a wreck last year. I'm so happy that I'm better now. And I guess I wouldn't be who I am today if not for all the bad things in the past. I'm just thankful for where and who I am now. #PraiseTheLord

I then went for lunch at Xuan Miao Vegan at Paya Lebar Square.
This was a picture I took quite some time ago. But I ate this and I didn't take a picture this time round so I just used this photo instead.

I then headed back home and headed back out for soccer training. Busy busy.

I'm glad to say that I'm improving :))  And one awesome girl asked me when I started playing and I told her Dec 2015. She complimented me and said I was not bad *sighs contentedly* God bless her! She's been playing for 4 years and she's younger than me by one year. She's got mad skills.

I remember being so lost and timid on the first lesson (back in Dec 2015). The second was nice because we were learning the basics (which is good for me since I'm a beginner). There was a Christmas and New Year break then we continued session today. 

We did some drills and I wasn't as blur as I was the first time. For the last half an hour or so, we played a game on the whole field and it was awesome!! I really need to work on my fitness level though. Plus, I don't know what position I should play because I still don't know what I'm better at. But I think I'd prefer playing mid/forward because I don't think I have it in me to defend, hahaha. 

Gosh, I just love soccer so much now and the weirdest part is, I don't know where this passion came from or when it really started, hahaha. Same for IT (Information technology). I just suddenly developed a strong interest in these two areas. And the coincidental part is, my dad used to play soccer and my mom used to do IT. Hobbies aren't a heritable trait (I Googled to make sure.. Jks, I didn't because I was lazy. But it obviously isn't... Right?)

What is this post becoming, hahaha.

Anyway, I just love football (soccer) a lot right now and I really hope to continue playing and learning :))  I also need to practice! I'm the worst there and that makes sense because I'm the newest. And I'm not afraid to say I'm the worst and I suck; and that's the first step to improving- accepting that you've got flaws.

Got home and I drank the Boost which my mom and sister brought home for me. I always go for Grape Escape, it's my favourite :)

That's all for this post, bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments