Pong Gelato

January 07, 2016


More and more vegan options are popping up all around Singapore and that makes me so happy :)


There aren't many vegan eateries along Orchard road so when Pong Gelato was first mentioned, I could not wait to try it. I'm glad I finally managed to taste this and I'm not disappointed. At all.

My friend and I got a Coconut Gelato in Husk + Choice of Sorbet + Choice of 3 Toppings + Coconut Juice for $5.50.  To be honest, I thought it would be more expensive. This delight was quite filing for a dessert as there is some coconut meat in the husk as well. The gelato and sorbet are super creamy and simply melt in your mouth. It tastes so natural and fresh!



But can we also take a moment to appreciate how innovative the idea of putting gelato and sorbet in a coconut husk is? This is the first time I've seen it in Singapore! I sincerely hope more people will patronise this store so more outlets can emerge around SG.


You may have heard that coconuts are high in saturated fats but the truth is coconut fats contain unique medium-chain fatty acids that do not end up as stored body fat, but are quickly digested and burnt off as energy. So there's really no need to fear coconuts.


I think the only downside of Pong Gelato is that there isn't a proper sitting area. They have benches just outside Scape but no tables so it's a little hard to indulge and enjoy the dessert to the fullest. But, if you're a badass, you could just sit at one of the restaurants just next to Pong Gelato.
 Source: tumblr

Nonetheless, this is a very wonderful vegan dessert option for anyone out there who wants a guilt-free, cruelty-free indulgence :)


My final verdict: AMAZINGGG. It's not extremely expensive and it's incredibly yummy. Please do give it a try, I really hope there will be more outlets of Pong Gelato in the future :))

Bye for now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments