Raw Vegan Avocado Chocolate Tart

January 13, 2016


So, I got my O-level results. And I'm quite happy! I was expecting to do quite badly. I had really low expectations for myself so I was surprised to see my results.

I've visited several JCs and polys and I have submitted my JAE choices. Now the waiting begins. Two weeks later, I'll get an SMS telling me which school I got posted to :)


That was my little update of what I've been up to recently. Now, let's get onto the Raw Vegan Avocado Chocolate Tart. 

I know what you're thinking, "Oh my gosh, avocado in a chocolate tart? Nic, are you crazy?!"

Yes. Yes I am. But that's besides the point! The avocado makes this tart super creamy and rich! It's like chocolate pudding without the animal products and whatnot.


The creaminess of the filling goes so well with the crunchy, nutty base!

I don't usually eat raw vegan food (except for nice-creams and smoothies etc.) but after this tart entered my life, I may start to be more adventurous and try more raw vegan recipes and options :)


With only 8 ingredients, and being a no-bake recipe, this awesome dessert is very easy to make!

This recipe was adapted from Peaceful Cuisine's YouTube channel. His videos are so soothing and aesthetic! His video could be 10 minutes long but it feels so much shorter because you'll just be so enticed to keep watching. The link to his recipe is here.


Let's get onto the recipe!
The recipe below makes a very small tart. If you would like to make a bigger one, feel free to double the ingredients below.

Ingredients

Crust
30g nuts (I used almonds)
25g coconut flakes
15g agave/maple syrup

Filling
100g avocado
30g sweetener (I used agave syrup)
20g cacao/cocoa powder
10g coconut oil
1/2 or 1 tsp vanilla extract (adjust to taste)

Directions

  1. Put nuts in food processor and process until fine. But it's alright if it's a little coarse also.
  2. Add the coconut flakes and agave/maple syrup into the food processor. Blend all the crust ingredients until incorporated. 
  3. Pour out the crust contents onto your tart pan and press it down firmly, starting from the centre and working out to the edges. Set aside.
  4. To prepare the filling, put all filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until very smooth.
  5. Pour the filling onto the crust and smoothen it out with a spatula.
  6. Feel free to top the tart with nuts/granola etc. It's your tart so it's up to you :)
  7. Put the tart in the refrigerator for several hours so that it will stay in it's tart shape when cut into.

And voila! Your tart is done :)


My mom thought this tart was store-bought, that's how good this is! So do give this babe a try and who knows, maybe raw vegan desserts will be your new thing :)


I really don't know what to do in these two weeks. I know that it may feel really long now but I'm pretty sure it's going to go by in a flash. I'm quite excited to find out which school I'll get posted to :)
I just trust God and believe that where ever I go, it's His plan for me.


Also, I can't wait for back-to-school shopping! I don't have many things to get but nonetheless, it'll be fun :)  I'm not sure who else chose the same JC as I did but I really hope to see some familiar faces in the new environment. It'll calm my nerves quite a bit :)

And gosh, I really miss my friends already! I hope that they will get into the school of their choice :))


That's all for this post, bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments