Oil-free Vegan Pancakes

January 01, 2016


Oh my goodness.

Ever since the HCLF potluck, I've been extremely inspired to try out the HCLF lifestyle again. I wanted to start slow this time and not put so much pressure on myself like I did the last time.

So, I ventured out (on my phone last night) to find vegan recipes and chanced upon marvelous pictures of waffles!

Originally, I chose this recipe.

But after I mixed in all the ingredients, I found out that I forgot to add in the coconut oil! 

That's how I managed to make this recipe oil-free. But then, my waffle-maker started giving me problems so I decided to make pancakes instead. After all the changes and accidents, it still came out delicious!


I made the chocolate sauce myself too and it was really the icing on the cake for me. It added the perfect amount of sweetness and decadence. 
I'll probably do a different post on the chocolate sauce.


I had a lot of fun plating the dish as well. Plating food is probably my favourite parts about cooking/baking besides eating, of course.


Let's get on to the recipe!

Ingredients

110-120g plain/wholemeal flour (adjust to desired consistency)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp sugar (of your choice)
250ml non-dairy milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
  1. To make the 'buttermilk', in a medium bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract.
  2. In a larger bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
  3. Add the milk, apple cider vinegar mixture and the flax egg into the large bowl containing the flour. Mix until just incorporated.
  4. Use a non-stick pan to make the pancakes. Pour a few drops of water on the pan, if the drops of water sizzle, your pan is heated and ready. Pour your desired amount of batter on the pan (I usually put 2-3 tbsp of batter on the pan to make 1 pancake). Shape them however big or small you want :)


And you're done!! It's a quick and simple recipe :)


That's all for this post! I hope you enjoyed the pancakes as much as I did :)

Bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments