What I Ate (3rd Jan 2016) & Feeling Good

January 03, 2016

(Breakfast) 

This isn't a recipe post for the oatmeal I made for breakfast because it was so easy to make and it's too customisable. I'm really happy with how it came out though! And it was so filling :)

This post is just a random update on how I've been feeling and a re-evaluation of what my goals for the New Year are, in terms of my blog, YouTube and Instagram. I haven't given this much thought until yesterday.


(Breakfast) 

I've just been so incredibly inspired lately and I need an outlet so I turn to social media (Instagram), YouTube and my blog to do that, via food. I've been having so much fun trying out new recipes and taking food pictures that I'm happy and proud of.

I've also been feeling so awesome about being vegan! It's probably one of the best decisions in my life, ever. There's so many benefits and I'm beginning to really feel and see that now. Veganism is a huge part of who I am. But with that being said, it's not ALL I am.
I'm Nicole and I'm complicated, hahaha. I'm still trying to figure myself out and I'm hoping I'll get to do more soul-searching this year :)


(Breakfast) 

I'm also hoping to travel by myself or with friends one day. I'm still a little young so maybe next year or the following. Nowhere far or absurd, just nearby like Australia or Thailand.

Another thing is that I'm trying to cut down on using oil whenever I can. If I'm baking by myself or cooking, I just use water instead and it works just fine. I want to try out more oil-free and low fat food recipes and eventually be a semi-HCLF vegan. Semi because I'll still be eating vegan food outside when I'm not cooking/baking. When I make my own food, I'll do my best to make it HCLF.

Since I'm on the topic of HCLF, I realised that I haven't been eating much fruit lately. Nor have I been consuming enough vegetables. My parents often say, "What kind of vegan are you?"
I'm human and I have my preferences too, you know? Haha


(Breakfast) 


Another thing that's been on my mind is my O-level results! They'll be coming out around 11th-13th Jan which is pretty soon. My mentality is that there's no use worrying about it because no amount of worrying can change what's about to come. Why let my anxiety ruin the last few days of my holiday? Carpe diem.
I'm quite chill about results day but I guess I'm just curious about my results. I'm rather inconsistent, you see. I can score really well or really badly so I have no idea what my O-level results will be like. I'll do a blog post on that once I get my results :)

 (Lunch) 

Brownice for lunch, again :)  I'm still so thankful that they opened an outlet in the east because they used to only have one at Sin Ming.

(Lunch)

I'm totally an unhealthy vegan when it comes to eating outside. This is why I'm striving to be an HCLF/oil-free vegan when I'm making food for myself. Can't deny that Brownice is delicious though :)  And like, it's vegan. It may be unhealthy but in comparison to non-vegan food, this is so much better for you and the animals, planet etc. !!

(Lunch)

Anyway, on to my goals for my blog and Instagram.

1. I've been trying to avoid VSCO filters and any filters for in general. I used to use VSCO for every picture but now I'm hoping to not use any filters for my food posts and just adjust the saturation/exposure/contrast etc. as the picture is.

2. I want to get the vegan message out more this year. I want to convince people that vegan food isn't just salad and fruits. It's brownies, cakes, pizzas and so much more! And there are so many benefits as well :)

3. I'm approaching my 1 year vegan anniversary soon and I'm so excited about that, haha! I think it's a cool achievement :)  I'm hoping to make a video on a vegan recipe that day to celebrate, hahaha. It's like a birthday!

4. It'd be cool to start a cooking show, like Laura in the Kitchen or something. I used to watch her religiously before I was vegan. The EdgyVeg also has awesome cooking show videos :)  Laura Miller is amazing too, haha! I want to try that out one day.

5. Make more vegan friends and meet more like-minded people via social media :)

6. But don't let social media control me. I want to remember that the reason I want to post pictures, videos and recipes is because it's fun and I want to spread the message. Not because I want followers/subscribers. That shouldn't be my goal. If I'm doing what i love, people will slowly but steadily notice :)

Maki-san at I12
(Dinner)

I didn't take any pictures because it wasn't anything fantastic, haha. I always get the exact same thing.
I go there quite often because of convenience.

That's all I guess. If you actually read everything, wow! You're cool :)  Hope you have an awesome day.

Bye for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments