What I Ate for Breakfast (5th Jan 2016) & Thoughts

January 05, 2016

Breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day! I feel like it plays a big part in how your day turns out. It's the first meal you see so obviously it's going to play some role in your mood for the rest of the day. If you have a big, hearty breakfast, you're going to be full and satisfied- hopefully making you more efficient throughout the day. Whereas if you skip breakfast, you'll be lethargic and left thinking about your next meal- making you irritable and unfocused.

I also really, REALLY enjoy food photography. plus, I'll be starting school soon and I won't have many (if any) opportunities to do this :(  So I'm just doing what I love while I can.

I made a simple oatmeal, cooked in water. I added a little spirulina to give it a very slight tint of green. A little goes a really long way when it comes to spirulina. The taste is really distinct too. I then added chocolate chips and waited for them to melt to do this!

I guess this is going to be another blog post where I just ramble on and on. 
If you actually enjoy my nonsense, 



I think I overdid it with the red background but hey, I was feeling festive still. And it's the last day of Christmas! How sad is that. I'm not the type who enjoys being having too much time because I'll get bored. Holidays usually means I have too much time. But I'm actually craving more holidays after the long break I just had. I don't know how I'm going to continue going to school after this.


I want to go to JC but at the same time, I don't. I want to go to Poly but at the same time, I don't. Gah, it's so frustrating! I'm just going to let my results decided my path for me. And I can't believe they haven't confirmed and announced the dates for the release of our results yet. I'm so angsty about it, hahaha. I keep on having dreams that I got an L1R5 of 19 or 18.


I'm a very inconsistent individual when it comes to academics. I could be getting near full marks in one test but fail the next. I'm not kidding. That's why I'm so so so curious about my O-level results.


But I think there's so much more to a person than just being able to study, sit for tests and score well in exams. That doesn't say much about their character other than the fact that they are intelligent, hard-working and determined. What about other values like humility, compassion and integrity? I think that's why most scholarships require interviews to evaluate what kind of person you are. They also access your speaking and conversational abilities.

Oh my goodness. I cannot talk well under pressure. 
And I actually wanted to apply for a scholarship because I wanted to go to poly. But I guess I'll see my results and see if I qualify.

Unmelted chocolate chips...


Since you made it this far into the post, here's some exclusive pictures of the pretzels I made today! Recipe is here. I posted one of these pictures on my Instagram as well :)

 

I guess that's all for this post! Bye for now :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments