Veggie Cottage

January 08, 2016

Veggie Cottage is a cozy little restaurant which sells western and local vegan food. Located near the new Rochor MRT station, Veggie Cottage is quite accessible :)



The name 'Cottage' is very fitting for this eatery. With chalkboards and several plants, this place just makes you feel peaceful :)  The fact that it's a vegan restaurant contributes to the good vibes too, of course.



I went to Veggie Cottage with my family quite some time back and came here again with a group of vegans :))  It was awesome!


Spaghetti Bolognese
It's not over sweet or oily. They're very generous with the portion as well! The pasta was cooked well. (I haven't ordered this yet. I only tried a bit from another vegan who was there :) I will write a more detailed review when I get this for myself.)


Nonya Curry
Since the lady recommended this, I decided to give it a try! I wasn't disappointed. The curry was thick, creamy and fragrant. The potato and mock meat inside the curry was delicious as well. Curry and rice is an amazing combo so this was natural tasty :)  The vegetables and cucumber by the side made this meal well balanced.


'Fish' & Chips
The deep-fried 'fish' coated with the batter was very tasty. The chips were crunchy and delicious as well. It was a little oily but that's to be expected from something deep-fried. (I haven't ordered this yet. I only tried a bit from another vegan who was there :)  I will write a more detailed review when I get this for myself.)


Aglio Olio
(I haven't ordered this yet. I just took a picture of it since another vegan who was there ordered it :)  Looks good, doesn't it? I will write a review when I get this for myself.)


Sambal Fish
The sambal accompanied with the fish was delicious! It was just the right amount of spicy. The girl who ordered this mentioned that it was too salty for her liking but I found it alright :)  So it really depends on your own preference and tastebuds. (I haven't ordered this yet. I only tried a bit from another vegan who was there :)  I will write a more detailed review when I get this for myself.)


Wanton noodles
This was so delicious. The portion was just right and the wanton was really tasty. The noodles were cooked well and the soup was amazing! This is probably currently the best wanton noodles in Singapore.

Steamed fish with rice
(I haven't ordered this yet. I only tried a bit from my best friend :)  I will write a more detailed review when I get this for myself.)



I'll definitely be going back to try everything on the menu :)

That's all for now, bye!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments